Next Wave Group, LLC is a full service association and organization management firm. We specialize in using technology and interfacing systems to provide simple, cost-effective solutions that enable our clients to operate more effectively. We have been doing association management since 1992, initially as a department within our sister firm, Bay Media, Inc. In 2000, Next Wave Group,LLC became a separate company.
In 2006, we became a virtual company. We use a network of skilled independent contractors, each selected for the skills and experience they can offer our clients. This approach reduces operational overhead and enables us to make heavy use of skilled and diverse independent contractors. Our clients benefit by having access to specialized expertise when needed.
We have experience working with clients at the local, regional and national/international levels. Next Wave Group is based near Annapolis, in the greater Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area, but our contractors are strategically located throughout the United States.
Our operational model requires having at least one back-up for each team member. We have cross-training that allow us to shift operations to another geographic area should a disaster occur in one locale.
Our team has expertise in organizational development, member services, database management, accounting, administration, event management, chapter relations, strategic planning, communications and all those services necessary to support ongoing organizational needs. Bay Media, Inc., our sister company, has employees with expertise in print publications, Web site development, marketing and public relations, and advertising sales. We have affiliates in the areas of fund development, grants, advocacy and training.
Next Wave Group services to clients are offered through six interfacing systems: Governance, Finance, Membership, Communications, Programs and Events. We work closely with clients to balance the operational model between professional staff and volunteers. The role of management is defined in a clearly stated scope of work.
What Makes NWG Stand Out?
- We can pick the “right” person for each work assignment, without the constraints of geography or workstations.
- We customize our services so they we meet each client’s individual needs.
- We have a high level of internal accountability and a climate that constantly focuses on improving processes and outcomes.
How is Next Wave Group structured?
Next Wave Group has three divisions, including General – Associations of all types;
- HOSS (Hem/Onc Society Services),
- MHSS (Mental Health Society Services).
- In addition, Next Wave Group has a sister company called Bay Media,Inc, which provides publication management services, both print and digital.
Patricia H. Troy, CAE (ASAE Certified Association Executive)
Pat Troy has extensive experience in organizational start-up and revitalization, with specialized expertise in strategic planning and electronic service delivery. She holds B.S., M.Ed. and CASE degrees in education and is a graduate of the Graduate Institute of Organization Management.
- Founder (one of four), Chesapeake Academy, Arnold, MD, an independent elementary school (now Severn School Chesapeake Campus/Lower School)
- Founding chair, ASPIRE, Inc., Severna Park, MD, a community development organization.
- Named among the 2003 American Business Women’s Association Top Ten Women in Business (national)
- Entrepreneur of the Year and Hall of Fame, Annapolis and Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce
- Formerly Board Vice Chair, Anne Arundel Health System, Annapolis (also strategic planning chair)
- Chaired Anne Arundel County Small Area Plan.
- Chaired Anne Arundel County Cancer Control Task Force